Pages

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Debate By Thomas


Why soccer is better than hockey?

Is soccer better than hockey? In my opinion I think that soccer is better than hockey for lots of reasons. These are the reasons I believe that soccer is better than hockey:👇

My first reason is that soccer is safer because a hockey ball is harder than a soccer ball so you are more likely to get hurt with the hockey ball. In hockey you can get seriously hurt by getting whacked by the hockey stick or the hockey ball. For example if someone did a foul play like swing the stick to high and accidently hit your fingers and break them. Another example when someone can get hurt when they flick the ball high and it hits someone on the head and give them a head injury. If you get really badly injured you can't play any hockey games for a while.

My second reason is the time limit of the games. Soccer is longer than hockey so the team has more time to communicate with each other and discuss strategies of how to get goals. Having more time this allows more time to sub off to have a break from the game and let every other team player to have a turn playing on the field.

My final reason I think is that soccer is more popular and well known around the world than hockey. More people go to the games to watch their favourite teams play against other teams. Also fans come to cheer their favourite teams on and which encourage the soccer teams to play even harder. Also more people like to play soccer than hockey. There is also bigger soccer clubs than hockey around the world especially in England and Brazil

It is clear that soccer is better than hockey I hope you think that to.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Thomas I really liked your post and I think that you did nothing wrong and maybe next time insert an image to make it more specific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex for leaving a comment on my post. I’ll make sure I add a picture next time I do a persuasive text. From Thomas

      Delete
  2. Hi Thomas
    I liked reading your post I also think soccer is better than hockey
    next time you can add a picture to make it more interesting
    From Brayden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brayden for leaving a comment on my post. Thanks Brayden for thinking soccer is better than hockey. I'll also make sure I add a picture next time I do a persuasive text. From Thomas

      Delete