Pages

Monday 21 August 2017

Pacific Dance Winter Holiday program Te Oro 2017 by Angela L


Pacific Dance Winter Holiday program Te Oro 2017
By Angela L

On the 10th of July 2017, my mum booked Selena (my little sister) and me to the Pacific Dance Winter Holiday program at Te Oro. I was really excited but a bit nervous.

My mum drove us to Te Oro and we went inside the door downstairs and met our teacher. Our teacher was a man. First we went around the room and met other kids. We gave them a high five. Then we all sat in a circle and made up a moves to go in our dance. The were daps, claps and other kinds of moves. We used the minion happy song. After we practiced the dance over and over again we had our morning tea. Selena and me had mandarins and some biscuits. The biscuits were very crunchy and delicious! After we finished our morning tea we went on the mat to play a game. We played octopus and stuck in the mud. The tagger was really fast he almost got me. After 3 rounds he tagged me and I was stuck in the mud. Then it was lunch time, we got our food and started eating. When we finished our lunch we did our dance a few more times and played some games like Heads down and Thumbs up. At about 1:00 we went home.

On the second day our teacher wasn't here so another man was our teacher. We made up a new dance and played games. There were more people than yesterday. Some kids were at the same school as me. Sometimes we went upstairs to do our dance. At the end the teacher did a dance. He said that he loved ballet but was bad at it. I know that sounds so weird but I'm not lying.

On Wednesday our teacher was back. Our teacher asked the kids what the other teacher showed us yesterday. Unfortunately we all forgot. The teacher didn't know what music it was as well so we just carried on the dance that we did on Monday. We added in more moves.


Thursday was a bit different because after morning tea we watched a movie about dance of course. There was a boy in the movie who loved dancing and was good at it. On thursday and friday we had a shared lunch. There were sausage rolls, biscuits and pies on the table. It tasted delicious! I loved the meat in the sausage roll because it tasted a bit like the mince in a pie. I also loved the pie. The pies were tiny but yummy. We also went into buddies and made up a handclap. It had to have 8 counts. I was buddies with Selena. After we practiced and made our hand clap we did our handclap in front of the other kids.

On the last day we did a performance to show our parents what we learned. Before we did the performance we played octopus. A boy called Michael was in. When Michael was aiming to tag someone else I sneakily ran to the other side. After a few rounds I was tagged. Then we did our dance two more times. After that the teacher opened the doors and lots of parents came in but I couldn't see me mum. I was very scared because it seemed like there were like about a hundred faces looking at me.

We sat in a triangle and finally we did our dance. The teacher put on the music and we started clapping. We seemed to clap perfectly in time. Then we stopped clapping, we did our dance sitting down. After a while each row began to jump up and do the dance standing up. Then a group of kids built a sky tower, a girl called Lydia was at the top. The sky tower looked like a real one to me, it was so tall. Then Selena, me and some other kids built another sky tower but it was a different. I was in the middle. Selena and some other kids were holding their hands up making some flashing lights. The other group made a car with their bodies and made it move! It was so cool! Then we clapped our hands and went in our triangle again we were standing up. We did criss crosses with out feet and did other moves.  After that people pointed at a group of two, they went up and did their handclap. Finally we finished our dance. When the music finished we had to freeze and do a pose. It was a lovely performance. Then I saw my mum come. Luckily a woman asked if we could do the dance again. Our teacher said yes. We did our dance again and my mum videoed Selena and me. We were very lucky because if the women didn't ask if we could do it again my mum couldn't of saw the dance. After that  our teacher handed us our certificates.

When our teacher finished giving out the certificates the teacher said that the was a shared lunch. This time there were lots of food. There were pizzas, chips, sausage rolls, cupcakes and lots of other food. We washed our hands lined up to get our food. We could choose what we wanted to have. I had 2 cupcakes, 1 pizza and some chips. It was so yummy. My mum ate some food as well. When we finished our food we had a photo. There were lots of adults. I was at the back of the photo because there were kids that were higher than me and they stood in front of me. Then it was time to go home. Screenshot 2017-07-22 at 8.46.40 PM.png


I had a great time at the dance class! I hope I can go again very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Angela,
    The pacific dance winter holiday program sounds heaps of fun. Your writing is really good. It's so good I couldn’t find any mistakes, to make it even better you could write exactly what you did in the dance. What was the names of the people who go to your school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia,
      Thank you for your comment. The people that are from my school are called Clayton and Patival. I couldn’t really remember what I did in the dance. My mum videoed Selena and me doing the dance. My mum couldn’t send it to me because the video was too long. Mia do you like dancing? From Angela L

      Delete